Birding In Northeast Spain Books by Steve West
Where the birds are in northeast Spain
Where the birds are in northeast Spain is Steve West's first book. It is amply illustrated with the brush and pen work of the accomplished wildlife artist Ernest Leahy and others. In this book you'll find:
- 26 Colour Photos of some of the best scenery in the region
- 28 Site Maps for the most frequently cited areas. Regional location maps for most species.
- 114 Species treated in depth, with introductory texts describing migratory calendar, habitat, status and general distribution; this is followed by directions to the most situable sites for observing each species.
- Introductory chapters on language, maps, accommodation, timing and conservation.
What the critics say about Where the birds are in northeast Spain:
- "Highly Recommended" - Dutch Birding magazine
- "Whatever your reason for being in the area, take this book!" - Fatbirder
Some free chapters from Where the birds are in northeast Spain:
Flying over the Pyrenees, Standing on the Plains
Flying over the Pyrenees, Standing on the Plains is the brand new book written by Steve West. A lot can happen in 20 years in northeast Spain, and a lot can be discovered in the time it takes you to read a book like this.
- What's another name for the "rock flower" with carmine-coloured wings?
- what part did a Lammergeier play in the discovery of the legendary Iceman of Aneto?
- What's the strange connection between a Red-necked Nightjar and the cha-cha-cha ?
- What happened one day when thousands of Cranes flew over a Catalan Town in the Ebro Valley?
- Who's been eating all the cats at Camarasa?
- How should you ask a tractor driver where the Great Bustards are?
- Is a Sabine's Gull a Bimbo or a Hobnob?
Find the answers to all these questions... and much more in Flying over the Pyrenees, Standing on the Plains.
See for yourself. Read the independent reviews
- Flying Over The Pyrenees, Standing on the Plains Review at Subbuteo
- Flying Over The Pyrenees, Standing on the Plains Review at The Birder's Library
Here are some completely free chapters for you to download. Enjoy them!